Thursday, August 23, 2007

Little Men On The Bags

Willie showed up with his two grandsons again. Steve expressed his concerns about the kids being in the gym to me. If they belong to someone in the gym, there's the assumption that the adult is going to watch their kid. A little leeway is given sometimes in that situation. Those kids aren't run out of the place like the others who come in unsupervised. However, regardless if they are being supervised or not, the kids' aren't supposed to be in the gym on Wednesdays and Fridays. Mary, the fieldhouse supervisor, doesn't want kids in the gym during those times.

One of the boys kept beating the cobra bag, which was already loose. The kid beat it down nearly to the floor. Finally, I told him, "Look son, this is broken. It's not supposed to lean way over like that." He and his brother left it alone after that. While we were doing intervals later in the evening, Willie's grandsons decided they were going to join in. I kept worrying that they might accidently get hit by one of the adults' fists, or be KO'd by the heavy bags.

Larry, who hadn't been there in a long, long time, showed up at the gym last night. He had grown his hair out.

My left arm and shoulder was bothering me. That arm hasn't been completely right since that car accident I was in two summers ago. I've been checking out kettlebells online and thinking that maybe I should start lifting those. I need a little more strength in both arms, so it could help.

No comments: