Monday, February 26, 2007

Missed Sparring

I was supposed to spar with Racquel this past Friday, but time got away from us. Plus, I was waivering back and forth about it because of my right knee, which still doesn't feel 100% steady. This week, if the opportunity comes up, we'll spar. I just worry about hurting Racquel. It's silly, I know. As long as I have been in boxing, I should have gotten over the fact that people get hurt a long time ago. It's just that Raquel is very pretty, and I'd hate to throw a wild punch and cut her open. It doesn't matter if I get hit in the face. My younger sister and brother were the cute kids, not me (smile).

Speaking of missed opportunities, I forgot that Steve had opened the gym this past Sunday. I could have gone over there after church. Instead, I went to Evanston, hunting for a CD I didn't find (until this morning on the Internet). Then I went home, complaining about the wet and sloppy weather, got in my pajamas, and puttered around until the Academy Awards came on. Lord knows I need the extra workout.

The week before last, Steve drove Junior home and I walked home at the end of the night. I was crossing the street, when I saw Danny dashing down the alley. He had just gotten off work and was rushing to the gym, but it was too late. It was one night that Steve decided to pack it in early.

No comments: