Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Avoiding Surgery

Yay! The doctor told me I didn't need surgery on my right knee. I strained it, and a month of physical therapy should help heal it. However, it was discovered I have arthritis in BOTH knees. "Oh, damn!" as Martin Lawrence would say. Still had a decent workout despite of the feeling of needles being pushed in the damaged knee. I won't be jumping rope or doing step exercises for awhile, unfortunately.

The 150 pound heavy bag broke off of the chain and fell to the floor. Erin and Jose were hitting the bag at the time. We all had fun pretending it was a fallen boxer or a fallen wrestler for a moment. Steve had his foot on it yelling, "WWE! WWE!" I was talking about, "TNA Wrestling! And here is Samoa Joe!" The defective chain was replaced and the bag re-hung. The 75 lb bag was discovered to have sand leaking from it, so Steve and Mike pulled out the duct tape. They really did a good job patching it up.

Keith promised that he would be in next week to begin his training for the Golden Gloves. Seems that he visited the Evanston Boxing Gym, and the coach there expressed interest in Keith fighting for them. Keith turned it down, but he is considering getting sparring there.

I had my dates mixed up: the Winter session starts next week. A guy named James showed up tonight with the intent of signing up. He told me he had intended to come in a couple of sessions ago. I hope he comes in next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take good care of that knee!