Tuesday, November 07, 2006

One Tired Chick

I feel better today, but last Friday, I was dragging like a big dog in the gym. Good thing Steve didn't do interval training, or I would have been out for the count. That flu really zapped my strength.

Found my copy of a book of workouts by famous boxers. Should have brought it in to work today to make copies of some of the information. In 2007, I have to step up my game. I've said that before, but now that I'm doing a little coaching, I don't think it looks good for me to be a little butterball. I was on the scale last Friday, and I did lose about five pounds. The weight loss has to continue at this point. Don't I want to be off of my high blood pressure pills? Yes! Do I want the diabetes that plagued my dad the last 20 some odd years of his life? Nope!

The guy who wrote the boxing workout book really put an emphasis on roadwork. He insisted that one should get up early to run. If one lives in the country, or in some area that has guaranteed low crime, yeah. Not in the city in the dark before the sun comes up. That is a daytime activity only, in heavy populated areas, or inside on a track. I don't like to run anymore, which is a shame, really. I loved to run when I was a kid.

Steve suggested that I jump rope in my apartment. The ceiling is high enough, but there's a fan there, too. I see myself tangling the rope in it, and the lights on the floor. The landlord would make me pay for the damages, of course. The laundry room would be a good spot if the floor wasn't hard unforgiving concrete. It's back to the power walking DVDs for the fall and winter. Now if I can only figure out why my DVD player suddenly refuses to show anything in color. . . .

No comments: