Thursday, November 09, 2006

Highway Robbery

Junior was straight up robbed out of a decision that should have gone to him. He had a match out in Michigan City, IN on Saturday night. The video of the match clearly showed that Junior was superior to the kid he fought. However, the kid's stepmom was one of the judges. She can be seen on the tape at the end of the match, writing on her score card, not looking into the ring. I wondered if she had watched any of the match at all.

Racquel brought her boyfriend Ken in with her last night. He was curious about the gym and wanted to check things out. I could have sworn I heard some disappointed sighs from some of the single guys. Racquel is very pretty, and I know some of them had been checking her out.

I held pads for a new guy. Didn't get his name. He kept mixing up his punches, throwing a left when he should have been throwing rights. He had an excuse because he's a beginner; what was bad was I wasn't even catching that he was doing that initially. My dad used to tell me, "I wonder where your mind is at," and sometimes I wonder myself. I really wasn't doing a good job of observing. Have to work on that.

No comments: