Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Little Gym That Could

Found out yesterday that Saddiq is now the Citywide Boxing champion in the 147 lb. weight categeory. God has really smiled on our gym this year. There have been so many championship wins over the past several months.

Both of the women who are named Logan were at the gym last night, but the other newbies were missing. I understand that Fara was in the gym on Wednesday, the day I had to go to choir rehearsal, but she was the only new person that night. Already people are skipping out. I'm surprised that Crystal didn't show up. She seems to be the most interested out of all of the new people. The weather may have contributed to the absences, too. It was extremely nice, warm enough for me to wear shorts to the gym.

Neil, who hasn't been in the gym for awhile, stopped by with his kids, a little girl named Carmina, and his baby son, Luka. I was shocked at how big Luka was. He looked more like a two year old child than a baby who's only a few months old. Carmina was her usual shy self.

Junior was grumbling about having to pay the IRS. He was also complaining about having to pay rent to his dad. At least his dad only asks him to pay once a month. Mine wanted rent out of every paycheck I got. That nonsense was squashed when I moved out of the house when I was twenty, which is how old Junior will be in a couple of months. Steve asked him when was he planning to move, but Junior didn't have a idea. He's thinking about dropping his cleaning business and getting another nine-to-five gig. I wish he would consider going back to college. It'll help him in the long run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am reading a novel. I want more character development. I found myself imagining what these people looked like, sortof in a Rockie movie. This blog is quite the window into another world.