Friday, February 17, 2006

Six For The Cause

Steve sent me an email saying that he was going to stay home with his wife. I was thinking earlier this morning that would probably be a good idea if he did that. Better for him to be near his wife when the time comes, then having to make a mad scramble out of the gym.

The guys who came in tonight were Junior, Michael, Saddiq, a friend of Saddiq's, and Danny. Junior mentioned that he liked a horrible popular song that has the hook, "I'm in love with a stripper". Michael was saying he didn't think the song was that hot. I used to bring in a lot of old school tapes to play, but the young guys weren't that into the old school songs. Also, I got tired of hearing the same old stuff. Most of the popular music the guys like to listen to is not that good, but the heavy beats are appropriate for a workout.

Cold as hell outside this night, but I don't mind walking to--and sometimes from--the gym, no matter what the weather is. I used to take the bus sometimes, but that seemed like such laziness to me. The gym is only 15 to 20 minutes away walking, and these days, I could always use the extra exercise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am an amateur female boxer (I write about boxing too, but I don't have a blog) and I am 33--it is nice to read another blog. You could email me at sambtayrawseed@hotmail.com if you would like to start a correspondence!

--Stacy