Thursday, October 10, 2019

Silence Is Golden But Not Always Present


Caiden's twin cousins, Keon and Keith, are now part of the class.  The twins appear to be even-tempered and thoughtful, but Caiden's constant talking grates on my nerves.  Verbal retorts have been given to most everything I've been saying lately.  I understand that most kids these days are not been raised as strictly as many of mine and previous generations were.  Unfortunately, these days, behaviors that are allowed at home are being done in public and most times, not checked.  However, I continue to operate on the old-school ways regarding respect kids are supposed to have towards adults, and I'm not backing down from that.

I had to tell Caiden in several ways yesterday to shut up.  Keon and Keith have to be shown what to do, and their cousin kept interrupting and interfering.  I was reminded of an incident where I was defending my late younger sister against the wrath of our late father.  Dad got in my face and told me to never get in his way when he was dealing with another kid. 

Ivan was a no-show again, as well as Kayla and a few other kids registered for the youth boxing class.  Damion, a kid whom I signed up yesterday, didn't appear.  "Where are all the other kids?" a question Caiden keeps asking me.  "I didn't carry any of them for nine months, so how should I know?" I shot back when he asked me yesterday. 

Caiden kept bouncing off of the ropes while shadowboxing in the ring.  "Stop doing that.  This is not professional wrestling, which is fake, by the way," I ordered.  Caiden has a bad habit of challenging everything people tell him.  His teacher at school must have a hard time dealing with him every day.  After telling me he thought that was okay to do, Caiden insisted that the WWE was real.  I cut off the debate before it went too far.  "There are books and documentaries that tell the truth about professional wrestling.  Look it up on the Internet if you don't believe me," I said.  I have to keep reminding myself that grown folks don't argue with kids. 


No comments: