Friday, September 13, 2019

Cousins Antics


Ivan came to the youth boxing class today.  Cute kid, but Ivan is in need of having some focus.  He's part of the same family as David and Vanesa.  David showed up for the teen class, but Vanessa, his cousin who is 13-years-old, wasn't with him.  "Where is she?" I asked.  I was irritated that I even had to ask.  David should have thought to automatically offer an explanation.  Vanesa had to attend a school function.  It was something that was known in advance, so I should have been given a heads up.  "If your cousin doesn't care about coming here regularly, I'm not going to care.  I'm being honest," I told David.  I went through the same thing with Esteban, another cousin of his, back during the spring.  I'm tired of it.

George, the coach at Garfield Park, assumed he'd had a heart attack.  Actually, it was a mini-stroke.  He's in the hospital and stabilized for the time being.  But the situation is scary. I'm praying for a speedy recovery. 


No comments: