Friday, March 29, 2019

Field House Frustrations


I don't mind admitting that I've grown weary of the constant foolish actions that go on at La Follette.  The latest incident involves a female lifeguard who has developed a habit of roaming around in my office/equipment room.  The first time it happened, I was standing outside that room talking to the head lifeguard who is a very cool guy.  The female lifeguard walked past me into the room, then I heard her using a jump rope.  She didn't bother to ask me if that was okay to do that.

Yesterday, I stepped away for a couple of minutes to refill a water bottle.  I came back to find her exiting the room.  She gave me a silly grin and greeted me.  I gave her a cold hello back.  There's no swimming equipment in that room, so I'm wondering what's her fascination with being in that area.  Luckily, I don't lay my wallet and keys down in that room. 

I put some of the signs back up that I had to take down while the gym was being painted.  One of the signs was for the office/equipment room reminding everyone that the room is and should be locked when I'm not on the premises.  The sign also tells people that the boxing equipment is only to be used for that program.  If the female lifeguard doesn't get the hint from that, then I'm going to have to be more direct which she'll probably be offended by. 

A man who had been trying to catch up with me to sign up his 13-year-old daughter finally found me yesterday  But like I figured before they got there, the girl's interest in the sport wasn't that high.  She tried to negotiate only coming to the gym a few days a week because she wanted to do another activity that meets at the same time.  When I informed her that she could not participate in any boxing matches if she couldn't participate five days a week, she quickly decided to take swimming only.  The fact her dad was trying to convince her to re-consider the boxing class told me that her father was more interested in it than his daughter. 

The other day, I accidentally scratched one of my fingernails on a door.  I was shocked and irritated to see how easily the paint came up.  It was then I noticed other places on the walls and doors where the paint had been easily scratched off.  So my program was canceled for the rest of the recently ended winter session for a painting job that wasn't done correctly. 

Did I mention that I'm weary of dealing with these types of incidents?

No comments: