Tuesday, November 07, 2017

December Shut Down


James told me, "Miss Hillari, I've changed my mind about Humboldt Park."  I wasn't very surprised when he told me he wasn't going to the boxing show later this week.  James seemed more interested in going just to see friends and relatives who live near that field house.  Neither was I surprised when Gael didn't show up to class.  Gael and his sister haven't been showing up on the days they said they could come to class.  I was surprised when Iz and Abraham said they planned to compete in the show seeing how it didn't appear they had much interest earlier.

I've decided to shut down the gym for the rest of the year on the day after my birthday next month.  For some odd reason, the park district schedules the fall teen and adult boxing classes to end the week before Thanksgiving, and the kids class to end the first week of December.  In order not to confuse anyone and to make things easier for me, I decided to have all of the classes end on the same day.

The idea of fundraising came up again.  But I learned that as an employee, I can't go out with cap in hand to solicit funds.  It works better if it comes from a parent.  Mikaela, Noel, and Shay's mom told me she would like to help with that.  I appreciate that very much.  I don't need much in the gym, but I need what I need.  We're going to talk about it more and see what we can come up with.




No comments: