Monday, August 22, 2016

Claressa Does It Again


I rushed home from church after service yesterday to catch Claressa Shields' match at the Olympics.  To my surprise, church service ended early, so I had plenty of time to get to my computer and watch the live stream.

Like one of the announcers pointed out, "T-Rex" Shields schooled her Dutch opponent, Nouchka Fontijn.  I wish I could slip and duck like T-Rex.  I wish my reflexes and my hands were that fast.  Wow.  I hope that this time, the world will wake up and recognize Shields and not ignore the girl like they did in 2012.

There were plans to buy some jump ropes over the weekend for LaFollette boxing gym, but after attending an Italian street festival after watching Shields' win, I came home exhausted.  I dozed during the closing ceremony of the 2016 Summer Olympics.  I became alert along enough to eat a little something, take my medicine, and then I went back to bed for the rest of the evening.  That was the longest I've slept in awhile.

It's the last week of the extended summer day camp, and hopefully the end of working summer hours at LaFollette as well.  I'll miss the extra pay, but I'll be glad to get back to my normal schedule.

No comments: