Tuesday, May 12, 2015
What Hurts An Amateur Boxing Program
What issues can impede or stop an amateur boxing program in its tracks? I came up with a few.
1. Lack of parental support/involvement
2. Kids and teens with discipline problems
3. Adults with "diva" and entitlement attitudes
4. Difficulty in getting equipment and other resources for the gym
5. Participants attempting to train for boxing and another sport at the same time
6. Participants who are trying to balance boxing training with several activities they are involved with at the same time
7. Lack of communication between parents and the boxing coach
8. Lack of support, concern, etc., from management for the program
9. Lack of organizational and management skills on the coach's part
10. Lack of promotion/advertising of the program
Can you think of any others?