Sunday, May 24, 2015

Tardy Program


Sanita came in the gym yesterday.  "Am I on time?" she asked.  She was, but Sanita had already missed too many days, and had been tardy on other days too much for my taste.  Her brother Julius was a no-show again.  None of the other teens showed up so she could not get any sparring in.  Janay would have been good for Sanita to work with, but she was AWOL along with the registration form I gave her two weeks ago.

Indeed, none of the other youths had come in during the week either.  I keep thinking how embarrassing the situation will be if none of them are available for the boxing show in July.  Visions often appear regarding youths not signing up in time for the summer session (the boxing show will take place during that time).  In addition to the usual lack of seriousness about training, I can see none of the youths winning trophies.  LaFollette Park could end up with a reputation of having boxers who are easy to walk over.  I'd like to avoid that scenario.

Kentrell -- I finally remembered his name -- had the nerve to tell me once again that he planned to come to the gym.  I repeated again that Kentrell was not signed up for the program.  Annoying, irritating Kentrell has zero interest in boxing, but 100% interest in goofing around in the gym.  I don't want the boy around me.

Luis, who is a nice kid, but another who has little interest in the sport, stopped in the gym briefly.  He wants to sign up again, but is not sure when.  I guess I'll be waiting to see if he does or not.

I don't know why I'm so tired on Sundays, since I do so little at work during the week.  Perhaps it's mental fatigue, due to worrying if the boxing program will ever amount to anything. 

No comments: