Thursday, May 28, 2015

Good News and Bad News Scenarios


Good news:  The eight-to-twelve year olds' summer boxing class is full.
Bad news:  I've got to tighten up most of those kids quickly for July's boxing show.  The only familiar name I recognize on the attendance list is Kishaun's.

Good news:  The summer teen boxing class has a few more kids.
Bad news:  While Shanita has said she doesn't want to miss any more days of training, her brother Julius still needs some more self-motivation.  The new kids who signed up will have to also be brought up to speed if they are going to compete in the boxing show.

Good news:  I've got a new boxing ring.
Bad news:  It's not bolted to the floor, and it appears some pieces needed to fully complete the installation may not be on hand.

Steve, my boss, is going to set the schedule for the fall session (it has to be done early).  I told him the new hours that have been set for summer will continue on permanently.  He's thinking about setting a fee for the teen boxing class for fall. Early on, I wasn't too sure about doing that.  In light of the fact that I have teens signing up then seldom showing up for class, charging for it no longer seems like a bad idea.  People tend to take things a little more seriously about something if they have to pay for it.




No comments: