Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ellen and Eli

As I approached the door of the gym last night, I heard a baby crying. I knew it was Eli before I stepped inside the room. "Hi, Eli. What are you fussing about?" I asked. "It's because I won't pick him up," Steve explained. After he picked his son up, Eli did stop crying, as babies tend to do. Later, Eli had on a pair of Steve's gloves. It was funny because they looked humongous on the boy. I helped him put them on a couple of times when they slipped off.

Not very many in the gym last night, other than Eric, Mike and Jordan. Jordan noticed I had my portable CD with me and asked, "What kind of music do you listen to?" "I don't like a lot of new music, so I listen to the stuff that was out when I was a little girl and a teenager," I answered.

Ellen came in carrying luggage. She had returned from a trip. She looked great, and explained that "things will work" out with her and Steve's job search. I have no doubt that it will. They've worked too hard to make things happen.

No comments: