Sunday, July 22, 2007

Garfield No Go

Steve, JJ and I were late getting out to the Garfield Park fieldhouse on the west side. Barry had two smaller kids there, whom I had never seen before, and they had matches lined up. Unfortunately, there was nothing available for either JJ or Little Jermaine. We hung around for a little bit, talked to Catchings, who was there taking pictures, then rode back up to Loyola Park for a quick workout.

I thought I wouldn't get much done that night, but it turned out extremely well for the 30 to 40 minutes we were in the gym. My gym bag was at home, but fortunately, there were a couple of wraps inside my locker, and I could use the bag gloves in the equipment cabinet. I also keep a pair of tennis shoes in my locker, too, as my old boxing shoes are just about worn out. Eventually, I'll get around to buying a new pair when I catch some on sale. There's not a great need for me to buy a whole lot of equipment since I can't compete anymore, but I still need some things to do the workout.

3 comments:

the.dub said...

Why can't you compete?

Hillari said...

Hi ceedub,

The USA Amateur Boxing rules state that a boxer can't compete if they have certain medical conditions. I have diabetes, which is one of the conditions listed in their rules, so I can't enter any competitions anymore. It doesn't stop me from coaching, however.

the.dub said...

OK-

I hope it doesn't preclude you from kicking my little white ass when I enroll, either :P