Monday, February 05, 2007

Senior Moment

I must be slippin. . .I showed up at the gym this past Friday, opened up my locker, and gasped because my gym bag wasn't inside. Then I realized that I had left it at home. Normally, I take the bag to the gym on Wednesday, leave it in the locker, then take it home Friday. I totally forgot that the gym was closed last Wednesday. Fortunately, I was wearing workout clothes. There was an old pair of wraps in the locker. Not sure if they belonged to Junior or Sadiq, but I used them to protect my hands.

Betty took videos of some of the guys working in the ring, and she told Steve she would upload them to YouTube. The camera she had was a nice compact job that she got for a deal. I made a mental note to get a similar camera in the near future. Betty had a good idea. The boxers can view the videos later to get ideas on how to improve their game.

I told the guys about the Super Bowl party that I was coordinating at my church. They made some good jokes when I told them no alcohol was going to be allowed. Stuff about people drinking in the pews, etc. If only that party had turned out as mirthful as the mood in the gym was at that moment. I spent the entire Super Bowl party yelling at a group of unruly, undisciplined, thoughtless kids. I had snapped at the same set of kids -- in the sanctuary --earlier for disrupting the church's services earlier that morning. This past Sunday was most unpleasant. Seeing how the NFL is cracking down on churches and other organization advertising Super Bowl parties, there's a big possibility that there will never be such a party at church again. That's fine with me.

No comments: