Thursday, October 12, 2006

Interval Training and Left Hooks

I spent most of the time last night going over how to throw left hooks with the women who showed up. Crystal wasn't there last night, unfortunately, but she did tell me she has a job through her high school. Perhaps she was delayed too late to make it down.

Still not sure about the crop of new women who are there now. It's been three weeks, and they are still around, so that is good sign so far. The new men disappeared for the most part, although I did notice one guy who did not look familiar.

Happily, despite all the time I spent with the women, I was able to get some of a workout in. Steve had us do interval training: hit the back hard for 30 seconds, then at half-speed for thirty seconds, through an entire round for several rounds. Tiring, but an excellent exercise. None of the new people took part. I believe most of them had gone right before or during that portion.

Tonight is Hamlin's boxing show, which unfortunately means another encounter with Tony, the coach's son. He hasn't called in a few days, so maybe he took the hint that we aren't compatible. I hope so, especially since I know his motives for getting with me are highly suspect. Perhaps he'll curse me out for not calling him or not picking up the phone when he called me. Doesn't matter; he's gone.

No comments: