Thursday, September 21, 2006

Focus Interrupted

Steve, Junior, Mike and myself were at Clarendon Park fieldhouse for their boxing show. Unfortunately, both Junior and Mike lost their matches. I believed that Junior was getting the best of Ramon, a guy who fights out of a club called the Matadors. The judges saw otherwise.

Pizza had been ordered for the officials and coaches, and Steve suggested that I go get some of the food. I'm not officially a coach, but I often go into the "war room" anyway. A guy who is the son of one of the other coaches, Tony, decides that he would like to ask me out on a date. Well, there went the evening. I could hardly pay attention to Junior and Mike's bouts, or any of the bouts, because Tony was hanging around me. He bugged me so much for my phone number that I gave it to him. He called after midnight, and I didn't answer, as I was already asleep.

Tony seems to be a nice guy, but he's not my type. I like men who are six feet and over, built somewhat thick (think broad shouldered, a light heavyweight build or maybe a few pounds extra), and preferably no children. Tony hasn't been married, but he has a five year old kid. That means baby mama's drama to me, and I'm not interested in being caught up in that. "You're gorgeous," he told me. I'm not a teen anymore, so flattery doesn't impress me. He's more in the friend category.

Sadiq and his wife was there last night. Sadiq was going to fight for Clarendon, as he's been training over there lately. There were no matches for him, unfortunately.

No comments: