Monday, August 07, 2006

A Good Reason

Steve's going out of town later this week, so the gym will not be open on Friday. I was thinking about not coming in to open the place next week because I'll also be on vacation, although not out of town. Mary decided that the gym should not be open at all while he's out. She said there are too many people coming in the gym for free. I agreed with her. The problem with people inviting others to come in and work out, is that some of the invitees keep showing up and never paying the fee. It's not an open gym, nor is it set up like some professional gyms where you can come in a pay for a day pass to work out.

However, I don't want to go a week without the workout because I know how lazy I can get. I also know it's hard to get back into a workout when you take time off from it. I think I'll call Bill, the coach over at Hamlin, and ask if I can come in there a few times next week. I can also go to JABB Gym during the day and pay a day fee, since I'll have time off.

Sadiq did not come in the gym last Friday, so I don't know how his situation is going since the theft. That still irritates me. He'll have to go around and get all of his IDs and keys replaced, and that is a major pain.

Jermaine had mentioned several times about going to recording sessions at a studio in Evanston. He revealed to me that he has been rapping, and is close to putting out a CD. I've known a few guys over the years that have aspired to be rappers, including one who used to work at my job. The entertainment field is not easy--I've always been on the fringes of it, acting and singing. A cousin of mine who's a professional singer was dropped from her record label, and she's trying to work her way back in the game. A ex-boyfriend of one of my nieces made a demo and was hanging out for a time with Guru, a rapper who was very popular in the late 1980s/early 1990's, but nothing came of it. Jermaine is a nice young man who believes in hard work. I hope he's successful.

No comments: