Saturday, March 04, 2006

Weird R Us

Mary told me that some guy had been coming in this week asking to use the gym. She had taken his name and number, and told him she had given the message to Steve. The guy showed up around 6:00 PM on Friday, long before I arrived. Mary had already explained to the guy that Steve was out because his wife just had a baby. It seemed to her that the guy had not listened to nor believed her the first time. He told Mary that he allegedly had been calling for some time to inquire about boxing. He assumed that she would open up the gym for him simply because he wanted to work out, despite his not having paid for the class. I assured Mary that I would keep a lookout for that character, just in case he showed up. Always at least one oddball who shows up with a jones to workout each session.

Guys on hand in the gym: Danny, Big Corey, Saddiq, Junior. Plus, there was a Hispanic guy who had trained in the gym some time ago. I can't think of his name. . .he brought a friend with him to check things out. A quiet night. I was taking things a little easy because I was somewhat not into the workout. It happens. Some days you're feeling it, and other days, it's like going through the motions. Also, I didn't want to wear myself out very much before roller derby tryouts on Sunday.

No comments: