Saturday, February 25, 2006

Rock Falls

Last week, we saw a video of some of the things that happened in Rock Falls, IL not long ago. Junior's fast hands took out an opponent in the first round. Mike, on the other hand, took some hard punches from his opponent, and didn't do so well. Junior won all of his matches. I wish a many a day I had the speed he has in his hands.

I think I have my mother's hard right hand, though. She punched me a couple of times that I remember when I was eleven years old. Both times was because I was smarting off. I don't know why she was mad during the first instance , but she snapped "Do you believe that I'll kick your ass?" What possessed me to answer "No", I will never figure out. Her right hand darted out like a hamster avoiding being a snack for a snake. I was standing in front of my bed. The force of the punch literally flipped me over the bed, and I crashed against the wall behind it and slumped to the floor.

The second time was a few months later. She yelled at me to clean the baseboards in the kitchen again, because apparently, I had not cleaned them right the first time. I've always hated to do housework, and I believe one of the reasons why is because Mom put so much emphasis on it being done all the time. I grumbled under my breath, not checking to see if she had indeed left the room before I started complaining. The next second, I found myself on my knees. That little woman had rabbit punched me in the back of my neck. I put my hand there, and when I pulled it away, my fingers were covered with blood. There is still a scar there to this day.

Despite of that, I do advocate spanking children if needed to curb bad behavior. I don't believe in drawing blood out of them, however.

No comments: