Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Leon Signs Up

This past Monday, five new people showed up to start the Fall session.  The fifth person (and one of three women) was not exactly new; it was Arin, who used to come in the gym a few sessions ago.  She, like Ieisha, can only attend on one night, however, because of other obligations.  But it was very good to see her again.

The other women, Ashley and Vivian, spent time on the punch mitts.  They appeared not to be interested in sparring at all, which just leaves Ieisha, myself, and Arin (who has sparred in the past), to get into the ring.  I didn't catch the names of the two guys.  Jeremy, who used to workout at Clarendon, also came in.

Work your hands with punch mitts for boxing and MMA.

Leon signed up for the session this time around.  He spent a lot of the time watching the Mayweather/Marquez fight.  I had made a tape of it, and brought it into the gym.  I was going to leave a copy of it there for the gym, but decided to give that copy to Willie.  Willie asked me to make him one when I saw him in church this past Sunday.  I can always make another copy for the gym at another time.

I sparred one round with Oscar, then he went a few more rounds with Carlos.  If I do have a fight lined up for this Friday, I'd rather cool it on doing a lot of sparring.  No sense in me getting hurt before then.   Besides, I was fighting a cold, which thankfully, seems to have disappeared today.

No comments: