Friday, May 09, 2008

Soreness, Slowness, Sad News

Barry called me last night. JJ lost a close fight at the National Golden Gloves, so he's out. According to Steve, it was a close decision, but the other fighter was very good. I hope this doens't discourage JJ from his plans to go pro next year.

Barry also told me he found the gym door open on Thursday. I told both Mary and Gilberto when everyone was gone Wednesday night, so I don't know what happened there. I don't have a key, since I'm not a Park District employee. I have to depend on staff to open and close the gym.

My left leg and lower back have been hurting since Wednesday. I sat in a hot bath with Epson salt earlier this afternoon. It did some good, but not a lot. I think it's because I'm using extra muscles during my temporary custodian job at my church. I could move around a little more in the gym tonight, but it was still a light workout. During stretching, I felt some tightness in the left side of my back. I have no idea what that is all about, and I'm hoping not to have to scratch up money to go to a doctor. I'll have to rely on aspirin for the time being.

Only Carla and Deb showed up. Tommy came in on Wednesday, and he promised he'd come in tonight, but it was a no go. Carla and Deb did stay until near 8:30 PM, and I closed up not long after they left.

No comments: