Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sidetracked By The Flu

I spent most of the week holed up in my apartment, suffering from the flu. I did not go to the gym on Wednesday, but I did go last night. It was a tough workout, as I was still weak from being ill. Crystal did not show up, so I figured that she may have received not-so-good-news from her doctor. Haven't officially heard anything, so I'm still wondering.

For the second Friday in a row, the gym was packed. Sadiq and Mort were pounding each other during their sparring session, no matter how many times Steve told the both of them to work with each other. People let their emotions get involved, figuring, if they get hit hard, they're going to return equal firepower. Jason also sparred with a newer guy, a tall blond whose name I can't remember yet.

Junior held mitts for several people, and they were impressed. "I know he's good in the ring," Rios said, "but I didn't know he was also that good on the mitts." It's been at least a year since the last time Junior held mitts for me, and yes, he does have a skill with doing that. He was amazed that Raquel did several rounds on the mitts. "She never got tired!" he exclaimed. I need to hold mitts for people more often so I get better at that.

Got on the digital scale and noticed I lost about 5 pounds. Steve pointed out that I always say I've lost a little weight everytime I get on the scale. "The weight is going down at a glacial pace, but it is moving," I told him. Some of the weight loss was probably due to the fact that I was sick, but I was still eating. I just wasn't eating the usual junk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. Been so busy I've not had a chance to pop by. Seems like you are up on your boxing feet though!